Erin’s “Best of” San Francisco
As I’m getting ready to blow this joint, I thought I’d leave you with a few kernels of insider knowledge. These are the places I’ll miss most while I’m on the road.
Best Places to Eat Crab in San Francisco:
- · Garlic Crab: Thanh Long, the original, in San Francisco’s Outer Sunset neighborhood.
- · Salt & Pepper Crab: Vietnamese restaurant Le Chevale in downtown Oakland on Clay Street.
- · Ginger & Green Onion Crab: Yuet Lee, San Francisco Chinatown, corner of Stockton and Broadway.
Best San Francisco Restaurants:
- · NOPA: Good food, nice ambiance, slightly trendy. Always a good time (especially with my ladies of the Last Supper Club!)
- · Murray Circle at Cavallo Point: This place is really about the view for me – it’s my favorite in the city, looking back at the Golden Gate from the Marin side. The also have several fireplaces = more ambiance!
- · Salt House: Not as good as it used to be, but still solid. Try the “Salthouse Dog” cocktail.
Best San Francisco Bars:
- · Amante in the old time Italian neighborhood of North Beach
- · Farmer Brown’s in the Tenderloin – fabulous cocktail concoctions with a Southern twist. Mac & Cheese tain’t back neither!
- · Perry’s in Fairfax –a true dive bar, but mix a few Jack & Cokes and a few games of pool with some rockin’ live music and you’re guaranteed a good time.
Best San Francisco Indulgences:
- · Massage by Raul at EVO Spa in Mill Valley – oh yeah….
- · Walk on the Tennessee Valley Trail – nice easy stroll after a large lunch (but no dogs allowed).
- · Latte at Toby’s Coffee Bar in Pt. Reyes Station – rich and creamy.
I’m counting on you to visit and enjoy my old stomping grounds while I’m away. Sayonara San Francisco!
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 and is filed under North America.