Get into the Olympic Spirit!
So y’all like swimming, huh?! A $,1000 donation was given to the Special Olympics chapter in Bonita Springs, Floriad to help fund their swimming program.
Thanks for voting!
As the summer Olympics kick off, we’re getting in the spirit by supporting one of my favorite causes: Special Olympics!
Between now and the Closing Ceremony on August 12, vote for you favorite sport—Athletics, Swimming, or Gymnastics—and the GoErinGo! Fund will donate $1,000 to support coaches & gear for that activity!
Which is your favorite Olympic sport?
- Swimming (50%, 12 Votes)
- Athletics (29%, 7 Votes)
- Gymnastics (21%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 24
A Sporting Chance
Special Olympics provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a 32 Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. This training provides these individuals with an opportunity to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Combating Intellectual Disabilities
Special Olympics leads the world in researching and addressing the concerns of people with intellectual disabilities. This group encompasses more than 200 million individuals, the largest disability group in the world.
The organization’s work is three-fold:
- Conducting and validating scientific research on intellectual disabilities
- Coordinating and influencing policy in government, healthcare, education, business and nonprofit sectors
- Battling negative perceptions of those who have intellectual disabilities
True International Spirit
Special Olympics works in 170 countries, enriching the lives of people with intellectual disabilities through the power of sport.
When people think of Special Olympics, many think of the World Games held every two years, but the World Games are just a small part of the thousands of events held throughout the year, around the world.
Help everyone feel like an Olympic champion!
So, c’mon and get into the Olympic spirit! Here’s how:
- Vote for your favorite sport and the GoErinGo! Fund will give $1,000 to the top sporting activity!
- Volunteer through one of the 220 offices worldwide. Just check out the global map:
- Donate today via the organization’s web site:
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 and is filed under Donate My Dollars.