Go to Amman!
January 31, 2010 – Amman, Jordan
Fun factoids provided (but not verified) by our Jordan guide Sam:
- • 2.5 million people live in Amman, the capital, and 6.5 million in the entire country
- • The last King had 4 wives (in order: an Egyptian, a Palestinian, a Brit and an American)
- • The country is 95% desert
- • Jordan is the 3rd poorest country in the world in terms of water resources (which would explain the lack of water pressure in the shower)
- • Geographically, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is about the size of Massachusetts
(I think, I dunno, I could be making that up)
With the Red Sea, Petra, the Wadi Rum desert, the Dead Sea, and Jerash (the world’s most intact Roman ruins), Jordan has a lot to offer the camera-packing tourist, if not the thirsty tourist…
This entry was posted on Sunday, January 31st, 2010 and is filed under Arab Region.