March 27, 2010 – Miami, FL
Miami is one of my favorite cities: Incredible nightlight, fabulous Cuban food, roaring good times!
This time I’m in Miami to attend the USTA Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne. My family tries to go every year – as a nice little family outing. And this year, I’m reminded why I like tennis so much:
- 1) It’s a sport where I get to hit the ball as hard as I want
- 2) I’m a pretty big Roger Federer fan
- 3) It’s like baseball, sitting in the stands with a beer and hot dog – what’s bad about that?!
And today I was given yet another reason to like tennis! As I was thumbing through my tennis mag, I saw an article called “Tennis’ Best “Hit for Haiti.” Apparently upon watching the devastation in Haiti earlier this year, Roger texted his fellow players about “doing something.” That “something” turned into 2 exhibitions of the top players at the Aussie Open and at Indian Wells earlier this month, featuring:
- Pete Sampras and Roger Federer playing Andre Agassi and Rafael Nadal
- Justine Henin and Martina Navratilova playing Steffi Graf and Lindsay Davenport
Check out the Hit for Haiti pictures! The matches brought in $500,000 and the USTA and the Grand Slam Committee pitched additional money for a total fundraising effort of $700,000 – Nice Moosh!
p.s. I am wearing my GoEriGo hat and carrying my GoErinGo messenger bag in the picture. Get your’s today!
This entry was posted on Saturday, March 27th, 2010 and is filed under North America.