In the Blogosphere
Earlier this month, I received a couple of shout outs from the Blogosphere. Here’s the inside scoop:
Erin’s Travel Style
Here’s an excerpt from my May 2, 2012 “Travel Style” interview with Johnny Jet (www.JohnnyJet.com):
- How often do you fly: At least once a month – usually long-haul flights
- How many countries have you been to: 84
- How many continents have you been to: 6
- Favorite American city: NYC
- Favorite international city: Istanbul
- Least favorite country: Any country where women are systematically oppressed.
- Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat
- Favorite airline: Etihad
- Favorite aircraft type: dunno
- Aisle or window: Window
- Favorite airport lounge: airport lounge – what’s that?!
- Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta
- Favorite international airport: O.R. Tambo International Airport (ORTIA) in Johannesburg
- Favorite hotel: Mandarin Oriental
- Favorite cruise line: Seabourn
- Favorite island: Zanzibar
- Favorite fancy restaurant: Spruce, San Francisco
- Favorite hole in the wall: Burma Superstar, tucked away on Clement Street in San Francisco
- Favorite fruit: Fresh coconuts
- Favorite food: Lebanese
- Least favorite food: Laotian
- Drink of choice : Spite (air) / 3-olive Martini (ground)
- Favorite travel movie(s): War Photographer
- Favorite travel show(s): Locked Up Abroad
- Favorite travel book(s): Down Under
- Right now I am reading: Michael Ondaatje’s Anil’s Ghost
- Five things you bring on a plane: Kindle, iPod, inflatable travel pillow, Ibprofen, hand wipes with disinfectant
- What do you always seem to forget: Where the bathroom is! I average a new country every 10 days, and each night I have a small panic attack just before I fall asleep about finding the bathroom in the dark.
- Favorite travel iPhone app(s): CNNGo
- Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Pick one! Kenyan Airways flight with one engine out, head-on collision with a truck in Ethiopia, jumping from a moving car in Malawi, run over by a motorbike in Hanoi…
- What’s your dream destination: Colombia’s Lost City
- Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: TripAdvisor
- Best travel tip: Register with the U.S. State Department (https://step.state.gov/step/) before traveling to receive in-country travel alerts and invitations to consulate events.
By the way…What’s your favorite international city? Write me!
Proud Passport Holder
I continue to be a big supporter of Tracey Friley’s Passport Party Project, which is helping 100 underserved American girls receive their first passports.
To participate in the campaign, I submitted my photo (along with my trekking friends) – all of us holding our passports!
I also submitted a photo of my Himalayan trekking guide Nirma Rai, ‘cause she’s super fabulous! Read why Nirma’s so great and peek at her passport pic too! Check out: Fabulous Nirma
Did you submit you photo yet? Do it today!
This entry was posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 and is filed under Media & FAQs.