Oz Under Water – Giving U™
I’ll be spending my first Aussie Day celebrating at an outdoor concert in Federation Square, then I’m heading to the Australian Open Tennis to see Rafa play on center court – quite possibly the best day EVER!
But it’s not all fun and games Down Under…
As y’all know, Australia has suffered from torrential rains and catastrophic floods across the country. Here’s how bad it is in Brisbane alone:
- 30 people are confirmed dead
- 7,502 people have registered as homeless and 4,336 of those are still in evacuation shelters
- 30,000 homes have been affected with many flooded over the roofs
- 3,000 businesses have been seriously affected
- In other parts of Queensland, 26 towns have contaminated water
- Some towns may be isolated until February
- Damage is estimated to be in the tens of billions of dollars
In support of my new Aussie mates, the GoErinGo! Fund will make a $250 donation to the Give2Asia Australia Flood Fund 2011.
Care to join me in? It’s a great way to celebrate Australia Day – Oy Oy Oy!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 and is filed under The Giving Guide.